Friday, May 8, 2015

Sanding and varnish

Finally got back to the Coot.  I spent about 4 hours with the sander.  Went thru 30 disks.  But the results were worth it. 




Monday, March 23, 2015

Outside, finally!

It's finally starting to act like spring.  I got Coot outside for some more resin on the bottom.  lots of sanding and varnish coming up.


Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fit and finish

Seats are in and one coat of resin on the entire inside.  Looks good.  Also put the oarlocks on.  They will come off for final varnishing.












Monday, January 19, 2015

Seats glued in

Both seats are glue in.  Next is the finish.  The designer put long flex sticks from his ceiling.  I did that a little differently. I clamped flex strips to the shear and then did the wedge.



Friday, January 16, 2015

Woodwork is done

I got the rear seat and the bow seat fitted.  Once the shear clamps were on it gave a definitive shape to the boat.  The fittings on the seats that I did the other day didn't fit now so it took me another hour or two to get things right.    I think she looks good!





Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Never have enough clamps

I decided to put the outwales on the boat before putting in the  seats.  I did this because the sides of the boat were flexing too much to get an accurate fit for the seats.  I'm about 99% fit with the seats but each time I put one in it is just a little off.  With the shear line fixed this should allow a good seat fit.  I'll put the inwales on tomorrow.



                                                    Added the inner shear clamp


Sunday, January 11, 2015

Lot's of futzin

I cut all the seat parts out exactly as the plans called for.  I was careful to get this right.  Of course nothing fit.  It's going to take a lot of futzing to get this back on track.